The paramedic is the highest level of prehospital care provider in the EMS system. The focus of this education is to increase the depth of knowledge gained as an EMT.
- 12-18 month commitment
- EMT certification
- CPR certification for health care provider
- Passing the entrance exam (details available upon request)
- Completion of anatomy and physiology prerequisite course (details available upon request)
Click here for more detailed information about being a paramedic.
Indianapolis EMS paramedics are recognized as among the best in the state and nation, receiving numerous service awards and distinctions. Indianapolis EMS Academic Services paramedic science program consistently shows high success outcomes for retention, placements and credentialing:
|Term||Number Enrolled||Retention||Positive Placement||Successful Credentialing|
To view the Indiana University Health Professions paramedic graduate outcomes click here.
Below is a list of key dates for those interested in the program:
March 21-24, 2022: Mandatory Information Sessions
- Attend one of these sessions to learn about program requirements, unique design of the curriculum
and ask questions. Reserve your seat by going to our Google reservation form here or by emailing
- You may also attend these sessions online. Click here to download our course overview document, which contains the links for each session.
April 15, 2022: Applications Completed
- Submit your completed application by this date. You may apply online here or we will also have applications available at the information sessions.
April 19 or 21, 2022: Anatomy & Physiology Prerequisite Course
- This 16-week class will be attended once per week from 6 – 10 p.m.
April 22, 2022: Entrance Exam
- You must complete and pass the FISDAP entrance exam to test English and math competencies by this deadline.
July 2022: Interviews ONLINE
- We will schedule you for a 30-minute online interview with our faculty.
Aug. 11 or 12, 2022: Mandatory Paramedic Program Orientation
- You only need to attend one of the days.
Aug. 15 or 17, 2022: Paramedic Program Class Begins